- reflux nephropathy
- Alport's syndrome
- sickle cell disease
- heroin use
- IgA nephropathy
- if steroids fail, ? ciclosporin
- if all fails, kidney transplant
- but note that focal segmental glomerulonephritis can recur in the transplanted kidney
- around a third of patients respond to steroid treatment and recover
- around 50% progress to end-stage renal failure
Cameron, J. Focal segmental glomerulosclerosis in adults. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2003; 18 Suppl 6: 45-51.
Fogo, A. Minimal change disease and focal segmental glomerulosclerosis. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2001; 16 Suppl 6: 74-76.